Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Brother, My Brother





My Brother, My Brother

My Brother,
My Brother.
You come home
to us now.
I ask
not how you died
in a land
so far away.
But how did
you live,
in so short
a stay?

Would we have laughed
at the same silly things?
Would we have
shared a beer
on a hot summer day?
Would we have talked
the talk of dreamers,
and philosophers,
and solved our woes
along the way?

I will never
have the pleasure
to share the things
you may have thought.
You were Lost
to a political agenda
that Human Beings
cannot understand.

Now a plane of people
gaze out the windows
sorrowful
and glad.
Isn’t it sad?
No one they knew.
No one they knew.

But you are
My Brother,
My Brother.
Faceless and nameless
you may be to me.
But i cry for you
still.



No comments:

Post a Comment